Monday, July 2, 2012

Welcome to Grenada!

On June 24th after an overnight layover in Miami, we arrived late in the evening on the island of Grenada...our new home!  Here is a photo tour of our first few weeks here.


Our new apartment building.


On our balcony at sunset


Le Chateau - A restaurant very close to where we live.  we ate there twice the second day we were here because we had no food and didn't know where else to eat.  It's alright but there are other places we would rather go!


This is the little mall right by where we live.  There is a supermarket, hardware store, yummy cafe, and a few other random stores.  Keep walking straight and you run into the Grenada Grand Beach Resort.


This is the resort we can cut through to get to the beach.  It's beautiful and there are Plumeria trees everywhere so of course I love it.


And straight ahead you will see the amazing Grand Anse Beach...we were stunned!!


So we spent some time walking down the beach, playing in the crystal clear water which I would say is probably between 70 and 80 degrees...perfect!



We discovered a great little spot with huge trees which we later learned is right in front of the SGU Grand Anse Campus.  A great place to nap really...


Then Phil ran into some fellow Newcastle students who are a term ahead of him.  Not a bad setting to chat about school.


They invited us to happy hour at Laluna Resort & Spa for "the best sunset on the island".  I was super excited because I had heard about Laluna and knew all about it.  It was spectacular!




Over the next few days we went to the beach, grocery shopped, hung out with Phil's two friends named Dave from Newcastle, discovered a restaurant/bar on the beach called Umbrellas and tried to adjust to island life.  I also met a wonderful gal named Laura whose husband is in Phil's term.  She has been showing me the ropes around here, which has been so helpful!

  Food fair - our new neighborhood supermarket!  It took four women to get us signed up for the rewards card haha.


Just had to share this.  Look at all of the amazing jam/jelly flavors!  Guava and Pineapple!


Here you can see one of the many random downpours.  They last about 5-10 minutes but it rains SO hard!  Kind of hard to tell from the picture.


The Daves enjoying the beach with us!


Phil doing some yoga...


We decided to walk down the beach to Umbrellas to enjoy the sunset.



Ahhhh so beautiful!!

6 comments:

  1. Your pictures are so gorgeous!! I wish I could be there with you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness Kimmie!! This is so amazing!! It's like a forever long vacation! I am so super jealous!! I can't believe you guys are in paradise, seriously!! And who knew phil was such a yoga man! Wow! LOL!! Oh and please please bring me some yummy jam when you come home for christmas! I must try!! Mmmm!! Hope you guys have such an amazing time and keep up that tan for me! Misssss you too much already! Xoxoxxxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, this is so wonderful Brew Crew! I just love this so much.. and I love you so much! Can't wait to see more pictures.. Have such a wonderful time in paradise! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks awesome! Have so much fun (not that you need to be told to do that)! Can't wait to see more photos. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh everything is so beautiful! I'm glad you created this site so I can keep tabs on you :) I am now living vicariously through you and my sister!! Love the life you live!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! Amazing pix and cool stories already Kimsta! Sorry it took me a bit to respond, just got back from Europe! I'm so excited for you guys, hello to Felipe! xoxo

    ReplyDelete