Thursday, September 29, 2011

Night out on the "China" town

Ok, I know I missed a few blog posts but I am skipping ahead to this past weekend!  I have been wanting to go to Chinatown since we got here to have some authentic Chinese food.  I asked Phil again and we decided to make a fun Saturday night out of it.  We would go to dinner and then go down and see the Newcastle bridges at night (well mostly just the Millennium Bridge).  Soooo we got all fancy-like and headed out!

We went to a restaurant called "Mangos" because I had heard good things about it.  We started off the night with some Tsingtao which is a well known Chinese beer.  This was nostalgic for me because the first time I ever had a drink was in China and it was this. 

We then browsed the giant menu trying to decide what to get.  Upon asking the waiter what was "good", we decided on the Arromatic Duck, fried rice, deep fried beef in oyster sauce, and pork dumplings.  They were all amazing!  Phil even said this rivals Gourmet House (the chinese restaurant I grew up going to in Central Phoenix).  So we had a ton of fun trying these new things and just enjoying one another. 

After dinner we started wandering towards the Quayside (riverside) with my google maps in hand.  Finally an intoxicated yet very nice man told us the best way to get to the river was "Go that way, go past an arch, lights, go through second arch, hotel, steps".  These are very typical Newcastle local directions.  But luckily they totally worked!  We walked along the river and took probably a hundred pictures between the two of us.  We even got to see the Millennium Bridge open!

 

It was such an amazing evening spent with my love!  We had SO MUCH FUN!


 

3 comments:

  1. I like your outfit, you look so purty! Wahoo for fun nights out! Keep the posts comin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Gourmet House! That must have been some great Chinese food you had. :) I tried to draw the Millennium Bridge (if that's the rainbow-y fluorescent thingee)in the "abstract skyline" that I drew for you before leaving the US. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you to you both!! Nippy, yes I could see it when you drew it :) I have it sitting on the mantle in our bedroom because I love it. I hope to frame it all cool somehow someday soon!

    ReplyDelete